Saturday, September 19, 2015

Music Project Success Story

I experienced an amazing turn around in the way my General Music kids felt about class. This was my first year doing General Music and I was looking for some cool ideas for projects. The kids were used to being bystanders in the process. They worked on worksheets and listened to various music genres, but we’re missing being more hands on. They thought class would be boring…

We began studying the different music families and it struck me. Have the students present to not just me as the teacher but the world.
So…enter Google Slides student used Chrome Books to create their own presentation on any instrument family they chose, percussion, string, brass, or woodwind. Once they built their show they used writing skills to creat a script to read for each slide, and by the way, convincing them to stop putting a lot of text on a slide was a chore.

Then the final step…They used MoveNote and brought in their Google Slide Show and read the script, creating a video presentation. They turned out well in many cases and not so good in others, but the students are learning valuable skills on how to properly present…Skills that are easily transferable to any profession.

For me after some front end work, everything was done by the kids. As it should be…

http://ift.tt/1gAEuxU


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1My1NXu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment